docker - connecting your host to a container


Phew! Spent a few hours on this and finally i was able to get it right.

Task :- Spin up a new docker container running my app and connect to it from my windows host. 

Sounds simple enuff, I think the biggest gotcha is setting your application port to "0.0.0.0" instead of "localhost", as shown in diagram below.






My app is a .net core app - of course it is, how else would u want to host it in docker. :)

Here is my docker file




And then i use the following command to spin up my docker.

docker build . -t accmicroserve

docker run -P accmicroserve (if you do it this way, you might get a random PORT from your container)

docker run -p 5000:5000 accmicroserve (here we're saying we're fixed the port to 5000).

Your docker instance already started, and ready to go.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The specified initialization vector (IV) does not match the block size for this algorithm